The Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) aims to provide financial assistance to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged segments of society, particularly women, to help them meet their basic needs and improve their standard of living.
The BISP is the largest social safety net program in Pakistan, and it operates in all 154 districts of the country.
The program provides unconditional cash transfers to eligible households on a quarterly basis, with the amount varying depending on the household’s income and number of beneficiaries.
The BISP also provides complementary services, such as health insurance, vocational training, and financial literacy education, to help beneficiaries improve their skills and enhance their employability.
Since its inception, the BISP has played a crucial role in reducing poverty and improving the lives of millions of households across Pakistan. Let’s discuss its details.
Benazir Income Support Programme | BISP Registrations Online
Benazir Income Support Programme Eligibility Criteria
Here are the details of the eligibility criteria for the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP):
- The household must have a female head of the household or in the absence of a female head of the household, a male head of the household who is either a widow, a disabled person, or over the age of 65 years.
- The household’s income must be below the poverty line, which is determined by the BISP using a poverty scorecard.
- The household must not be a beneficiary of any other social safety net program, such as the Zakat Fund, the Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal, or the Employees Old Age Benefits Institution.
- The household must be registered with the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA).
- The household must have a valid CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) or a B-Form.
- The BISP targets the most vulnerable and disadvantaged segments of society, particularly women.
- The program operates in all 154 districts of Pakistan.
Benazir Income Support Programme Registration
The Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) provides multiple ways for eligible households to register and receive benefits.
Here are the details of the different ways of registration:
Eligible households can register for the BISP online through the program’s official website.
The website has a registration portal where applicants can fill out an application form, provide the required information, and upload necessary documents.
After successful submission, the applicants receive a tracking number that they can use to check the status of their application.
SMS 8171 Registration
Households can also register for the BISP through SMS. Applicants can send their CNIC number to 8171, and they will receive a message confirming their eligibility status.
If eligible, the applicants will be asked to provide additional information to complete the registration process.
Visiting Nearest Centers
The BISP has established registration centers in all 154 districts of Pakistan. Eligible households can visit their nearest BISP registration center and fill out an application form.
Applicants must bring their CNIC or B-Form and other necessary documents to complete the registration process.
Once the registration process is complete, the BISP conducts a verification process to confirm the eligibility of the household.
After successful verification, the household is added to the BISP database, and they start receiving cash transfers on a quarterly basis.
Benazir Income Support Programme Registration For Transgenders
The Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) in Pakistan includes transgender individuals as eligible beneficiaries of the program.
Transgender individuals are eligible to register for the BISP on the same basis as other eligible households.
The details of BISP registration for transgenders are given in the following images:
Benazir Income Support Programme New Payment Check Online
The Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) provides a facility for its beneficiaries to check their payment status online.
Here are the steps to check the BISP payment online:
- Visit the BISP official website at https://bisp.gov.pk.
- Click on the “Beneficiary” tab on the top right corner of the page.
- Select the “Payment Information” option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your CNIC number in the given field and click on the “Verify” button.
- If your CNIC is verified, the page will display your payment status and transaction history.
The BISP payment status online facility allows beneficiaries to track their payments and ensure that they receive their cash transfers on time.
It is important to note that beneficiaries need to have a valid CNIC number and be registered with the BISP to access this facility.
In addition to the online payment status check, beneficiaries can also receive SMS notifications about their payment status.
The BISP sends SMS alerts to registered beneficiaries informing them about their payment status, including the date and amount of the cash transfer.
Pros And Cons Of The Benazir Income Support Programme
The Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) is a social safety net program in Pakistan that provides cash transfers to eligible households.
Like any other program, the BISP has both advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the pros and cons of the program:
- Poverty Reduction: The BISP has helped to reduce poverty in Pakistan by providing cash transfers to eligible households, which can help to improve their standard of living.
- Women Empowerment: The BISP targets women as primary beneficiaries, which can help to empower them and improve their social and economic status.
- Financial Inclusion: The BISP provides financial support to households that are excluded from the formal financial system, which can help to increase their access to financial services and promote financial inclusion.
- Education and Health Support: The BISP also provides complementary services such as health insurance, vocational training, and financial literacy education, which can help beneficiaries improve their skills and enhance their employability.
- Limited Coverage: Despite efforts to expand coverage, the BISP still only covers a small proportion of the population, leaving many households without access to social safety net programs.
- Limited Funds: The BISP operates on a limited budget, which means that the number of cash transfers provided may not be sufficient to meet the needs of eligible households.
- Corruption and Mismanagement: The program has faced allegations of corruption and mismanagement, which can lead to inequitable distribution of benefits and undermine public trust in the program.
- Stigma and Discrimination: Some beneficiaries may face stigma and discrimination for receiving cash transfers, which can have negative social and psychological impacts on them and their families.
FAQs About Benazir Income Support Programme
What is the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP)?
The BISP is a social safety net program in Pakistan that provides cash transfers to eligible households to help alleviate poverty and improve their standard of living.
Who is eligible to receive BISP cash transfers?
Households with a female head or a male head who is a widow, disabled person, or over the age of 65 years and meets the income criteria are eligible to receive BISP cash transfers.
How can I register for the BISP?
There are several ways to register for the BISP, including online registration through the BISP website, SMS registration by sending your CNIC number to 8171, or visiting the nearest BISP center.
How much cash transfer is provided under the BISP?
The amount of cash transfer provided under the BISP varies depending on the household’s income level and the number of eligible beneficiaries.
How often are cash transfers provided under the BISP?
Cash transfers are provided on a quarterly basis, which means that eligible households receive cash transfers four times a year.
Are there any complementary services provided under the BISP?
Yes, the BISP provides complementary services such as health insurance, vocational training, and financial literacy education to eligible beneficiaries.
Can I check my BISP payment status online?
Yes, beneficiaries can check their BISP payment status online by visiting the BISP website and entering their CNIC number.
Is the BISP a permanent or temporary program?
The BISP was initially launched as a temporary program in 2008 but has since become a permanent social safety net program in Pakistan.
How much money is given under Benazir Income Support?
Under Benazir Income Support Programme PKR 7000 is given to every applicant.
If you like this article, please comment and share this article with others on Facebook, WhatsApp, or any other platform.
If you have any questions contact us (email) at Contact@personalloan.pk | Personalloan.email@example.com or leave us a comment, we would love to answer all of your queries. Thanks for reading!